Image Map

July 5, 2009

First Day of Blogging!!

Um, why did I think this was so daunting? Or even a big deal? I even asked myself, "Do I announce it to all my contacts in my address book? My friends on facebook? Take out an ad in the paper? What? Why did I have all this intense anxiety about some huge build up to this blog? I have stressed about what the focus should be, how it should look, what on earth html codes are, who will read it, blah, blah, blah. And here is what answers I have for those questions...

Whatever I want to focus on for that particular day
Pretty, girly and so very me...as long as it's free.
I don't know except copy and paste whenever it tells me to.
Maybe only me.


And I found peace.

Now I realize I just want to have a way to share (and sometimes vent) my life. A spewing you might say. Because I am learning that one can implode with no outlet. I am also rather eclectic with my interests so I decided that a blog could smoosh them all together in one semi-cohesive place. So this is me...

  • Happy wife with two fabulous girls who will probably be all I write about!

  • A teacher at heart who loves to encourage others sharing lessons learned through daily life.

  • A Christian believing an incredibly loving King is very funny in how He orchestrates her world.

  • Very average crafter who is self taught in all areas. I like making useful things or pretty things...I fail frequently but I keep improving. (I have happy successes too)

  • Incredibly obsessed with order. It's a sickness.

  • Typically deal with stress through humor. I will self destruct otherwise.

  • Needs coffee to function.

  • Attempts to be transparent because NO ONE has it all together. I'm close, though.

That's me. I am an everyday person with something to say and happy to have a place to say it.

One more thing...I am not done with the layout of this blog. Trying to figure out all this computer stuff and too poor to pay someone to do it for me.

Now imagine a really spectacular signature right here because obviously I don't have one.



3 comments:

  1. Yey! I love it - welcome to blog-world! I'm so excited to get to comment on your first post. I love the background and your title and the picture of the girls below! I love your description and your post - you GO!

    I'm so glad we're blog friends and real-life friends, too! God bless you in this new venture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, welcome to blog-world! I'm a friend of mom2drew's and caught you tonight through her page - and wow, can I relate! Teacher, organizational freak, Christ-follower, person who desperately needs humor to get through the day... I even have an Ella of my own! But what's up with the coffee drinking? You lost me a little there.

    :)

    You're off to an awesome start. Hope it's as fun and cathartic for you as it is for the rest of us out here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica your hilarious! I don't really know you but i feel like i know you! Does that make sense...? lol
    anyways thats exactly how i felt but I'm striving at getting better at it! When i grow up i wanna be just like you :)
    xoxo my sweet bloggy sister in Christ friend!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love, comments and I read every one! Please keep in mind that I sometimes moderate each one so it may take a bit before it appears on the post. Thanks my sweet friends!