Image Map

October 20, 2010

Help Bring A Little Boy Home!

I am amazed at how I have come to know so many of you in this world of blogging.  I have been overcome with emotion with the way you have responded to my infertility story, my husband's job loss, and me just being transparent with all of you about the highs and lows of life.

Your love, friendship, and genuine care is something I will hold near and dear to my heart for always.  Because people I have never met and who never have met me chose to forge a friendship and commitment of prayer...for me. It is incredibly humbling.  I love that the some of the stories I share about my girls or my family delight you.  And even more special is how you become vested in the lives of others.

So I would like to share with you about a family.  Actually, 2 families.  Families with whom I feel immense connection because of...yep, you guessed it....ADOPTION. And they happen to be lovely people who are my friends. First, let me tell you about Mark and Nancy...These precious people adopted...seriously, one of the cutest boys on the entire planet...
 
See?
He is the sweetest little boy and every time I see him I melt.  He was a special needs child from China and my family and I had the privilege of watching them bring this sweet boy home through a BIG church and community effort.  They launched HUGE initiatives like an adoption walk with amazing sponsors and even a huge garage sale.  Through these efforts, they helped raised around $6800!

 WOW!
Everyone partnered together to bring this boy home to his family. And I also have to mention this fact too...Mark was our realtor and tirelessly helped us find our house. :)  If you want more of their story, please click here. Because this post is not about them but about another family they are trying to help.

This family, dear friends who actually spearheaded all the efforts to help Mark and Nancy bring their son home, now find themselves in the midst of adopting. So it is time to return the love and generosity they gave so selflessly.

My friends, Jon and Kari, have been waiting to meet and bring home their son Elijah from Russia. And they were able to hold, hug, and love on this precious boy! I can only imagine the emotion and joy as they had anticipated this moment for so long...
Meeting their son ELIJAH! So sweet!

But apparently, they need 2 more in-country visits before actually bringing him home which makes this a most costly endeavor.
They need to raise $9000 ASAP! 

If they can, there is a good chance they can bring their son home by Thanksgiving.

And I can't think of anything more special then helping this amazing family bring their son home for the holidays.

Also, National Adoption Awareness Month is in November and we happened to adopt Cati on National Adoption Day.  We were even interviewed by the local news and made 2 evening news segments.  I totally wish I had looked prepared to you know...BE ON TELEVISION.  It was 4 months after giving birth.  The camera is one honest contraption and can NOT tell a lie.  ANYWAY...sheesh I can get off track... It was one of the most amazing days of our lives...ADOPTING OUR CATI!


Now this precious boy needs his family. And his family needs him.

Do you feel a tug on your heart to help? You can actually donate (any amount you wish) through paypal by clicking on this sweet face...
When you reach the site, click donate on the bottom. I made this button to get the word out so you are also welcome to grab this button and link it back to www.hopeforelijah.com.

 I also thought of  another idea for you Crafty McCrafterson's out there. 
How about a Craft Auction to raise money?  

I can hold the auction here at TSOP on a certain date and those who are crafty can donate their craft for auction and others can bid on them.

But this all depends upon the response I get from you.  

I am still unsure about the logistics of it but I am willing to give it a shot if you are. And so many of you have incredible talents that could seriously give this family the child they have been waiting and praying for!

So what do you think?  Can you help?  If so, leave a comment so we can get that sweet boy home!
Thanks Friends!

8 comments:

  1. I would love to donate a craft. I'm not sure yet, because I don't have a "specialty" or a certain "thing" that I'm known for, but my first inclination is a 10-pack of one-of-a-kind original handstamped THANK YOU cards (WITH envelopes). LMK if you think it's a good idea. If not, I can think of something else

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica-I wish i could have donated more but with the way things are now i could only donate small amount BUT if everyone did that what a difference that would make.-anyway this is in part a kinda of payback favour to you.A big thank you for you making me laugh -smile and cry so if friends of yours need help -we will help.Love to all the sidleys from Australia.
    if you have a chance say hello to me on http://theoldfathen.blogspot.com/
    love dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will donate a little lolli for ya, just let me know the details. These children and so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm already excited by reading what the others have thought of to donate. Laura... I would LOVE original thank you cards, it's an amazing idea!

    I'm not crafty, but I'll throw in a kit of scrapbooking supplies. I have tons of great stuff that all these amazingly talented readers could probably make into beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you were even on the news with your adoption! That is very cool! I have many friends who have been through this & a few going throung it now & I can see how you would be bonded through the experience. It is such a hard process! I can't believe all the hoops & money! I will get praying for Elijah & his family too! Thanks for sharing these beautiful stories of love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be praying for Elijah and his new family. I will also donate a craft or art for your auction. Just let me know what I need to do? Many Blessings, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  7. On my way to donate. You would not want a craft from me unless you were asking people to pay NOT to win it.

    Great post, Jess.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love, comments and I read every one! Please keep in mind that I sometimes moderate each one so it may take a bit before it appears on the post. Thanks my sweet friends!