Image Map

November 17, 2012

Casually Elegant Thanksgiving Tablescape

Sooooo...anyone still with me out there?  I always feel like I come back to post with a bunch of excuses for why I am so haphazard with blogging.  All I can say is...I will blog when I can.  I love blogging and I pray I always will keep up with it.  But for now...this season of my life is calling me to focus on managing my home and being available to my girls. Blogging is no longer a full time aspiration for me but a wonderful hobby where I hope I can continue to foster old relationships and make some new ones too.

So I am thinking a nice seasonal post with some Thanksgiving inspiration (a tad last minute) was a GREAT idea. And tablescapes are my heart and why I don't do more of them on here...I just don't know.  
Probably because I have like 2 hours of optimal sunlight to do it and I am usually knee deep into something else during peak photo shoot time. Which is why I LITERALLY dragged my dining room table through two french doors to my porch to take these photos.

I believe that is dedication and cause for complete forgiveness of my sporadic behavior of late. 
Right?  Right.
It all started with these spray roses (3 bunches for $12) that I typically grab every time I go to the grocery store. I loved that these were a fun orange and yellow color so I grabbed three bunches thinking I was going to throw them in a vase and be in my "flowers make me happy" place.
But then I remembered I had a bunch of these cleaned out, glass candle holders I tend to hoard and thought it would be fun to arrange these flowers with a cluster of them running down the center of my dining table.
I used some faux leaves and acorns from the neighbors tree to scatter down the runner for some more fall flair. 
Then I just decided to experiment a bit.
I grabbed some leaf chargers I made last year for another table I did using leaves from a dusty old ficus tree.  I just cleaned off the leaves, peeled then right off and hot glued them to a cardboard cake circle.
The bird plates are from Crate and Barrel and I topped them on my everyday white plates instead of using china. I did use silver flatware and crystal glasses to dress it up a bit. 
These cute favors are orange cinnamon votive candles in a drawstring, canvas bag.  Attached are leftover tags used from a client mailing I did.  The seed paper leaves are stapled to kraft paper squares tied off with twine.
I adore the fact that these bird plates all have a slightly different bird on them. 
Happy, happy plates. :)
Obviously you can adjust this for a larger gathering and a longer table too. I was just having a little fun staging the table. 

Just thought I would share and actually do a post in the month of November.
If I don't post for another long while...Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!
xoxo

18 comments:

  1. So adorable and I LOVE those plates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mothering your girls is most important. Totally still with ya and enjoy your posts when you able to share. Thanks for this reminder that family needs to come first........I needed that little refresher.:) Happy Thanksgiving girlie!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana...love you to stinkin pieces. You are always an encouragement to me.

      Delete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving Day! Really like the colors you used, and I'm very interested in the chargers you made with the ficus leaves. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love those plates!! The roses make the table look so happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Julie! I know. I am a complete sucker for anything with a bird on it. Such lovely words...I appreciate them so much!

      Delete
  5. Love the leaf chargers! Brilliant. I have some faux leaves that have been outside a while & gotten that kind of bluish color that make you shout "fake leaves". Was planning on ditching them this week but now I am going to make chargers and spray paint them a metallic bronze/copper for the holidays! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that idea! I would love to see the finished project. I hope it works just perfectly for you. :) Thank you so much for leaving me some comment love. It means so much. :)

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh you Posted!! :D
    Does this Scream Jessica made me, or what!?!:D Look at the little matching Bird Plates! Ah! Just Perfecto.
    We Will Take YOU Whenever We Can Get You My Love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, Love, Love the colour of those roses! Nice to hear your voice...Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love when one of your posts pop into my feed! Your table is beautiful - I just might steal some ideas ;).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Miss Jessica! Your creations ALWAYS make me smile and this one is not exception! The colors and the sweet brilliance of those gorgeous roses arranged in the perfect shades just makes my heart happy! You can see that you love what you do and that your heart is in everything that you create! By the way if those little birdies got any cuter I would burst! Applause and Appaws for yet another work of JESS art!!! sending hugs and love...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jess - at least we are FB friends so I know you're alive! ;) I kid, I joke, I come from love. Anyhoo, I love me those bird plates. Please send them to me ASAP. Also - - I need more flower sprays in my life. Let's do Thanksgiving at your house this year. Love you, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sure makes a girl want to have a party!!!

    Yep I do miss ya but I totally get it & think you are so right in just blogging when you feel like it :) I think instagram has become my blogging shortcut :) & I like it like that!

    Your table makes me want to rush out & get tons of flowers so it is probably a good thing that it is late or I might find myself spending way too much money on flowers :) But I am glad this baby is kicking me hso much that I won't be sleeping much & I got a peek at your table! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am thankful for you and want to wish you and yours a Happy and blessed New year...I know my life is better knowing you. Sending much love your way...thanks you for being you

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the colours. You can find these three coulours (red, orange & yellow) in every room of our house. My mom likes them a lot and I think she would be a huge fan of your decoration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's cute, it make me come back to my wedding (15 years ago... oups!), all church was décorate with orange and yellow roses... great souvenir! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your table setting! Beautiful-wish I had that talent to pull everything together like that. I might have to steal your ficus leaf charger idea! I am a perfectionist, which isn't alway a good thing, but I thought you would like to know for future photos of tables that the forks go on the left of the plate-dinner fork closest to the plate, and the blade of the knife (you have correctly placed) into the plate with the spoon next to it. That's it, just wanted you to know so now you know! I love your table setting!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love, comments and I read every one! Please keep in mind that I sometimes moderate each one so it may take a bit before it appears on the post. Thanks my sweet friends!