Image Map

May 23, 2011

A Blog Freebie and Some News!

This is the word for our family today because our hearts REJOICE.  We have had so much to be thankful for, so many reason to cling to faith, and we love the opportunity to proclaim a testimony after traveling a low valley.  It is just so awesome to be able to tell all of you that...

Won't you rejoice with us?????
For those of you who don't know, my husband lost his job last August. He is a Business Analyst and awesome at everything he does and I could not be prouder of my man. When this all happened, it came at a bad time since we had just bought our first house 3 months prior after renting FOREVER.

But when my husband lost his job, he was hired for a new one a few months later only to have the offer rescinded. This devastated my husband more then losing his other job. You can read about our reactions to both here and here.

So today we are are so excited to share this news with you and to celebrate we are going to DISNEY WORLD! We have not told the girls yet but plan on doing that tonight and sending them on a scavenger hunt to collect Disney things and see if they figure it out.  It may confuse them since we just saw Toy Story on Ice yesterday and they kept telling people at church we were going to Disney World.  Cracked us up.

So you may not hear from me for a bit this week but I do have a fun tutorial lined up that I can hopefully schedule for some time this week.  I am hoping to do some kid focused stuff for the summer.  Perfect for the kiddies and grandkiddies!

As for my Mema...she is doing WONDERFUL. Her memory seems sharper and she is healing up amazingly.  They are beginning to have her eat downstairs again and go outside for fresh air (Thank You Lord).

Honestly, everyone is scratching their heads over how well she is doing.  But I am not. God is bigger than statistics, any disease, any obstacle.  I thank you for all your prayers and sweet words that uplifted me while my heart broke over my Mema. And mostly praying for a 91 year old woman you did not know but cared enough about to lift to God.  I will not forget such love from you. Four doctors told our family that she had 1 to 2 weeks.  Yet all they see is her getting better.  And I was able to talk to her, pray with her, and I am assured that her eternity is secure.

So thank you to all of you.  If you want to grab the rejoice image, go right ahead. Stick it on your blog or whatever you want to do with it if you like it.  I had an issue making it transparent and for some reason my software was not working so if you have a white background...go for it!


P.S. I wrote this earlier and never posted.  So now it is evening and we already did the scavenger hunt.The girls had so much fun! I don't think they quite get it.  Which is funny since they have been there 3 times already in their short little lives. :) We took a video and some pictures. We can't wait!

Take care sweet friends and thank you for caring about the little and the big things that happen in my life! 
XOXO!

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your husband, I'm sure you both feel such a weight lifted off your backs. Wishing him nothing but success with this new employer!!

    Have tons of fun at Disney World!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! That is such great news!!!! I am sooo happy for you and your family!!! God is good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your hubs! How exciting for your family. Enjoy the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to all of you! Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh! I am do excited for you jess..the blessings showered on you right now are all so amazing that I can't help but be Soooo excited for you !!! Especially for Mema...nothing is better than hearing that! I can't wait to get my comp bach and write you a book or two:). Just too slow on my phone to write all that I want to say!!!! Have the best time and take lots of pics!!!!
    Love!!!
    Lib

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops this is st on my lil sus's account she was over and needed to use my phone :). I'll make sure she us a follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!! So exciting!! That's awesome!! So happy for you & your family!! Have a great time in Disney!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just thinking about B yesterday and wondering if he had been hired yet. That is an awesome answer to prayer!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is wonderful, congratulations and praise the Lord's are in full order here! Hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW!!!

    As we used to sing in choir, When prayers go up, Blessings come down. Sometime when I get a chance I'll share with you my own little miracle story. :)

    So happy for you all. Hugs to your Mema too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha! I just sent you an email asking about the job. Shoulda checked here first. YEYEYEYEYEYEY!!!!!!! So happy and rejoicing with you over both this AND the great report on your Mema. Have a blast with your family in Mouse country. We'll be there next week!
    Love you... Jenny (it won't let me sign in under me... weird)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, congratulations to your usband and to you all - that's wonderfull news!
    And so glad to hear xour Mema is doing better!

    Wish you a happy evening! Enjoy!

    Eva xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. aww i wanted to go with you guys!!! hehe!
    BTW someone commented on y our balloon post and asked me where you got that pretty paper!
    Love ya Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yea! Have a wonderful time!I love your comment about God being bigger than....well, our list of obstacles really=)!
    Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats I am so happy for your family xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love, comments and I read every one! Please keep in mind that I sometimes moderate each one so it may take a bit before it appears on the post. Thanks my sweet friends!