Image Map

April 6, 2012

Pretty Skewers for Yummy Treats!

Happy Good Friday my sweet friends!
This day is a precious one as I ponder what my Savior did for me on this very day.  I think of Him confronting death in the face, being rejected by His Father, and suffering tremendous pain. 
And He did it willingly.  For me.  And you. 
I am in awe of His love.

So I do wonder how many of you are actually reading blogs on this often busy weekend.  But I came up with a really cute, last minute Easter favor for the kiddos or the kid at heart.  
These DIY Wood Skewers are made simply by painting and gluing wood beads on the end.  
That's it!
 You need pastel paint (or any paint of your choice), paintbrush, glue gun, some wood beads (preferably unfinished), and some bamboo skewers. 
OK.  So don't laugh.  
I could not figure out a simple way to paint these without smudging or spinning them. So I stuck two wooden beads on either side of a Q-tip to paint them.  I pulled off some of the cotton until I knew it would fit but snugly. Then I dried them with a hair dryer.
That's right people.  We can find craft supplies in the loo.
 After the beads are dry, I put a little hot glue inside the wood bead and them pushed the blunt end of the skewer in and held it a few seconds until set.
Aren't they pretty?
Now make some Rice Krispies Treats.  
I personally could eat a whole pan with no regret.  I love them!
Now just cut out some small squares and put your sweet kebabs together!
I topped them off with a mini marshmallow, (so they would not poke an eye out or through the bags) wrapped them in cellophane, and tied them off with baker's twine.
A great treat for family,  neighbors, friends, or a homemade treat for the Easter basket. 
You could even dye the marshmallow pastel colors to make them fun and colorful. Or shape them like eggs or flowers or whatever.  I was all about easy today. :)
I hope you enjoyed this and that you enjoy the precious time of Easter.

Hugs and so much love to each of you!

I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Philippians 3:10-12

17 comments:

  1. Do you ever use cookie cutters to cut out your rice krispie treats? I love these!! Thanks for the inspiration!! I think I am off to make some rice krispie treats now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peggy! Yes that was what I meant by shapes! I think these would look fabulous with cookie cutter shapes! I was just going simple but I think they would be much prettier as little flowers or something. Thank you for a lovely note from you! Hugs!

      Delete
  2. We are kindred spirits...:). I did this last year with my failed attempt of rock candy...it amazes me how we think alike...luv ya always...xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable! Such a cute idea. Thank you!

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. leave it to you to find a way to make rice krispies treats even better. :) those are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow great idea! I love your blog and I am so happy I found it.

    ♥ Ashley

    atparsons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are the prettiest rice crispy treats I've ever seen!! Love those skewers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I already feel the smeel of those rice treats <3

    xoxo, Roxana @ Comfy space

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally love these! So so pretty. Your so smart my friend. I miss you and I hope all is well. Happy Easter and God bless you and your beautiful family :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the creative way you figured out how to paint them!!! qtips! Gotta love it! They turned out adorable, of course! I expect nothing less. no pressure. Happy Easter to you and your beautiful family. He is Risen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT...I am having one of those WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT moments : ) LOL!!!!!!! They are so adorable and I LOVE IT!!!!! You are something else my friend! oh the possibilities -- just think of all the kabobs one can make and look awesome!!!! Once again you get the YOU ROCK award!!! whohoooooo! hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those little skewers! Cute cute cute!!!!! They make such a simple treat so sweet! Now I just have to find some excuse to make them! I'm a little lazy thought & might be buying some prepainted beads :)

    I see I have a lot to catch up on!!! Bo has been hogging the computer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jessica,

    I want you to know I only ever always open to two bloggers newsletters on a regular basis and yours is one of them. If I can't open it right away (like this one), I always save it because I know there will be something cute & fun and doable in your post.

    While I am not Christian, I appreciate your faith and the words you express. You do it with no judgment & pure love and I find that is the true meaning behind your faith.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this!! makes rice krispie treats even better!!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So adorable...you are so clever! happy week to you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You crack me up! It is amazing how we find ways to improvise...and your idea worked perfectly! Thanks for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love, comments and I read every one! Please keep in mind that I sometimes moderate each one so it may take a bit before it appears on the post. Thanks my sweet friends!