Image Map

November 21, 2013

Yarn Tassel Christmas Trees

Happy Holidays my awesome friends! Yep...It's official.  The Christmas boxes are down and ready to decorate for this weekend.  I am all in...Christmas is HERE.
So clearly...you will see it looking like Christmas around here for awhile.  
I am giddy with excitement. :)

I absolutely love how many variations of Christmas trees there are during the holidays.  And I have this complete love with working with yarn as many of you know.  So I came up with these pretty yarn trees that look fabulous because instead of wrapping them with the yarn, I used yarn tassels to create the look of layers of branches.  I love them so much!



You can use hot glue but I decided to use straight pins to pin each tassel to a the Styrofoam cone starting at the bottom and working my way up. Just push the pin through the knot to attach.
When you get to the top of the tree, trim the top loops of the tassels so they stick straight up.  
That's it. 
 Enjoy your pretty yarn tassel trees.

You can use different variations of green yarn to create interest in a pretty vignette.
If you make some, I would love to see yours.

xoxo to each of you precious friends!

linking to: the party bunch on the 36th avenue 

14 comments:

  1. I love these Jessica! Even a beginner like myself could do these, and I will. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney! I am so excited you want to make them. I love yarn so it was loads of fun to work with. xoxo sweet friend!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. That's what makes it so fun! I love the simple projects too. Thanks girl!

      Delete
  3. oh so beautiful!!!!
    thank you for sharing, xxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun! I adore the colors of yarn you selected. I just found your blog and am a new follower via Bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, I am so excited to meet you! And thanks about the yarn colors...that might be my favorite part. :)

      Delete
  5. Come on now...this is crazy!!!!! These trees are over the top Jingle Bellicious!!!!! I can see a whole forest of these cuties! The colors are scrumptious!!!! I just can't say enough about them...hopelessly in love!!! hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So crazy perfect! I could see these in mantels EVERYWHERE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so lovely, like others have said the colours are great, they have a sort of Muppet's/sesame st quality about them (and I mean that in a good way!) These are the trees Elmo should have!
    They would be a great way to stash bust my wool collection, maybe multicoloured.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jessica, I just LOVE these so much! Visiting from The 36th Avenue. Thanks so much for sharing and pinning! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are the sweetest little trees. Love this idea!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Suzanne
    Pieced Pastimes

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never seen anything like it--and I love them! Yarn projects? Count me in! Super darling and whimsical.

    Lisa Frank :)
    handcraftedparties.com

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love, comments and I read every one! Please keep in mind that I sometimes moderate each one so it may take a bit before it appears on the post. Thanks my sweet friends!