Image Map

December 9, 2011

Gift Wrap Inspiration: Ties & Tags

Hello again lovelies!  How I have missed you!  I've been behind the scenes crafting but have had zero time to photograph or do a lot of tutorials. I sure do miss it!  Good lighting during the day is hard to come by so my chances for quality photography are pretty limited. But I put together some more packaging ideas here and there and did little mini shoots for you with some gift wrap inspiration.
Today I am focusing on tying up those packages.  What is it about embellishing that makes wrapping so fun?  The delicious anticipation of what hides inside a package is glorious enough! Yet the extra prettiness of ribbons and bows make it even more delightful. So I  fiddled around with some ideas to see what I could come up with.

Top Left: Oh yes...you knew I would have pom poms.  Their whimsy and playful cutness are too wonderful to pass up. I loved making those pretty teal-ish, aqua-ish (what color is that?) for this tie that could also be a garland. The little white ones are store bought by the package and simply threaded with a needle onto baker's twine.


Top Right:  Red and white bakers twine and some jingle bells.  Simple. Perfect.

Bottom Left: This is simple grey thread and sequins.  Add a little sparkle goodness with a pinch of simplicity.

Bottom Right: How about using paddle wire with some pretty beads and pearls?  I simply slid some wire through the bead and twisted it to stay put.  Pretty, pretty.
Some cute but earthy tags made of clay and wood.  I am a total novice with polymer clay but experimented with food coloring to dye it (too lazy to go out and buy the different colors) and alpha stamps. I made some mistakes but I like the imperfect feel of them. Clockwise from left: Fruit of the Spirit tags (love, joy, peace patience...from Galatians 5:22-23), wood circle tags and twine, scallop and circle tags with stamped words, clay hearts and twine with lace imprint, and clay leaves in cool blues and greens with bakers twine.

That's all I have at the moment.  I have other packaging in the works but the crickets on this blog were getting LOUD! So I had to post something for fear of worrying you! :)

Tonight I am decorating a table at church for a Women's Ministry Christmas Tea Saturday morning!  Oh y'all know how I like a good tablescape!  But I confess to winging this one and kind of pulling something together last minute.  It is definitely not my usual (it's all about the details) approach but I hope to pull it off.  I have spray painted, cut, tied, and glued stuff.  And shopped my house once again. All in the last 2 days and throughout the process wondering when my procrastinating self will become proactive. I have no idea what it will look like but  I promise to share it with you.  Success or fail!

And I have more Christmas goodies up my sleeve too. 
Honest to goodness. 
Hugs and Christmas love!

21 comments:

  1. Looooove all these fabulous ideas! I don't know if I could pick a favorite...Maybe the pom poms and fruit of the spirit tags. I want to get my hands on some polymere clay now! lol! Well, I can't wait to see your "tablescape". Take lots of pictures to show us!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are ALL so very pretty Jessica... But I am partial to the Clay ones.. I will have to show them to my son who LOVES to work with clay... Have a VERY blessed time at your Church Tea..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun at the tea! Are those fruits of the spirit tags a part of it? I love those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. all this is too cute, i wouldn't want to open that gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so pretty! Love the fruit of the Spirit ones. Have fun and be blessed on Saturday! I have a Woman's conference as well! Fun but busy busy! Even though we all miss you and your beautiful ideas, we totally understand;) thanks for taking the time to share! Love ya;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. all your packaging is so cute. simple yet nice and elegant. love the wooden tags. So country and warm.
    have fun at the tea party and good luck decorating.
    tfs

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVING IT ALL!!!!!! your ideas are endless and one is prettier and more inspiring than the first!!!! I hate to over use a word...but you are AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING!!!!!! : ) hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for the eye candy and inspiration... all your stuff is gorgeous of course. The sequin package is extra amazing. I hear what you are saying about light... same here in Seattle. Even when it's "light" it's dark LOL. Happy weekend friend xoxox Malia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm soooo in love with the bakers twine & jingle bells idea!!
    ♥jaime...sevensisters

    ReplyDelete
  10. What sweet ideas! Thanks, Jessica! Isn't it fun being a girl?

    Hmmm... Maybe we could call those pom poms turquoise? What ever color they are, Pom poms are just so fun!

    If you get a chance, come see my "new" christmas hutch! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all sooooooo pretty! Thanks for the inspiration ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This just couldn't be any cooler!! I really want to try these great crafts. I am so inspired that I started following your great blog and pinterest profile. :)And of course I had to do some major "pinning" while visiting this amazing blog.
    -Robyn from htpp://tipsfromtheheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clay seems to be making a comeback! I really love your lace tags! Super cute! I'd call it a "Tiffany Blue" ;) I've been using plain brown wrapping paper and tying it with red burlap bows, or a twine bow with a glitter-y tag that I made. I love the simlicity and how pretty it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So prettily wrapped who would want to destroy the package! Your ideas are fabulous...even the imperfections! Welcome back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Miss Jess, u beat me to it again...doilies and string with bells....beautiful as always ....xo
    Lu

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great ideas! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay...those brown paper packages tied up with string make me want to sing! sO i PROABABLY WILL BE SINGING THAT SONG ALL DAY! I love them! I can't even pick a fave! poms! Sequins! What is not to love love love! I can imagine your happy family Christmas day. I hope you take lots of pics under your tree! I don't want them to ever forget all you do to make Christmas so special for your loved ones!!! Above & beyond girl!!!

    I have been missing you but yes it has been CRAZy & now I think the flu chain is starting around here so another crazy week :) But you know me...I love crazy, I mean I like you you right ? :) Hope you guys are making TONS of good memories this year!!! It makes me so sad to look at last years pictures & see how fast my kids have grown since then! It is going too fast!!!!! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahhhh! I was clicking through your "you can find me here" stuff!!! Amaing!!! You know I am your biggest fan & I hope youknow how proud I am of you!!!! No stopping you now!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness so pretty!! I *love* the sequins. These are the kind of packages and wrapping that are even better than the present!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful. I am going to try the sequins idea, my daughter loves all things sparkly :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous ideas!! I especially love the little strings of sequins :)

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love, comments and I read every one! Please keep in mind that I sometimes moderate each one so it may take a bit before it appears on the post. Thanks my sweet friends!