Image Map

March 24, 2010

EMERGENCY POST!

It is not life or death but seriously this house saga is spiraling out of control into a dimension that looks nothing like reality.

So we find out this morning that the sellers turned down our offer due to the poor quality of buyers (us) because we have been sued by our landlord and evicted in August 2009.

Yes, please go ahead and read the above sentence again for clarification.  I'll wait.

Done?  Continuing on...First of all this is wrong, wrong, wrong because we have lived in our house for 6 years, have excellent credit and have never been sued or evicted.  Can you say our house buying process has become Satan's playground?

Secondly, the seller's divorce attorney has poorly advised them to take the house off the market for 30 days.  Oh, this is just bad. Both realtors and brokers are getting involved because no divorce attorney needs to be giving advice about real estate, this market is in the dumps and will continue to descend within the next 30 days, and...I have just stepped off my soap box. Bottom line, our lender sent a letter to the realtor declaring our excellent credit and past rental history and all parties involved are trying to rectify this bizarre turn of events.

My poor husband paled at the news this morning and called me from the car on the way to work saying he has not felt this disheartened since they called us about our foster child, "J" and told us he would not come home to us after we waited 3 weeks for him. (from our Infertility Story). But this is also what he said...I tell myself to forget not all of God's benefits because Cati came home to us 2 days later.  And we would not trade that heartbreak for the joy that Cati brought into our lives and still continues to being. I

Isn't God good?  That we can strengthen our faith remembering how He never lets us down even in the midst of colossal disappointment. And I am so proud of my husband for remembering Who our hope is and reminding me too.


Here is what I am remembering today...Our integrity precedes us and God is our advocate who goes before us.  Whatever is around the corner is trustworthy.  Whatever it is.  GOD is trustworthy and our present wants have nothing to do with His good, pleasing, and perfect will.  


I will confess that my first reaction to my husband was..."WE NEVER PRAYED!  We got so caught up that we never prayed!"  Then I stepped back and remembered that God even blesses those who don't even acknowledge Him.  Then I lost my wisdom as quickly as I gained it in that moment by crying out..."We never prayed for PROTECTION!  Now Satan is stirring up havoc and mischeif upon our house buying process!!!"


I have not told you that I am a drama queen for nothing.  But in that statement I completely succumbed to my propensity of being a Control Freak Drama Queen. That title so deserved a bigger font size. I mean, why must I assume my lack of praying will suddenly result in imminent disaster?  In that line of thinking, I act as though God is my vehicle and I am the driver steering him to and fro.


Father, I confess to you now my utter helplessness without you.  I ask your forgiveness for diminishing Your sovereignty in all things.  You are a good God and I trust you.  I lay this here at the foot of the cross.  Your will, Lord.  Not mine. 
In Christ's POWERFUL and MORE THAN ABLE name I pray, Amen.

Friends, I ask for prayer.  For our hearts and for where we will live.  I pray this is the house but I want an open heart even more. A heart after God's own heart.

10 comments:

  1. oh jess. how encouraged i was while reading this to think of cati in comparison to mr. bugg's post yesterday (that jenny wrote)! she is your rock in this situation. a reminder that our GOD is big enough to fulfill the desires of our hearts even when it doesn't look possible! i know you're in the middle of it, but some day (soon) you'll be in the PERFECT home (not a house)and it will be your rock to tell your children of how God provided! Believe Him for it! praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are continuing in prayer for your family, Jess. God is good ALL THE TIME!! So, make your plans and He WILL direct your steps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you dear friend, I'm sorry you are going through this. I know sometimes it feels like these things never end. BUT you are right you have HOPE that is in Jesus Christ, and He is carrying you, don't forget that! Whatever this ride is that He is taking you on, God knows the destination. On a side note: People are wierd, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. But as a child of God you don't have to pray for extra protection. You have it. All the time whether you ask for it or not.

    If you are living a righteous life and love God you are under his wing 100%. Satan cannot do one thing to thwart God's will for your life. Rest in that.

    And remember: And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Rom 8: 28

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our God is A GOOD GOD! Praying for you my love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you. And we know in all things......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for Jessica, check--definitely!!! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog (having 2 girls myself) AND going through the NIGHTMARE that sometimes is when you buy a home. You are in our thoughts AND prayers. We also believe that prayer does work miracles. Prayers from our family to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what God is doing in you through this. I feel your stress but your heart is being purified like gold. Oh I knew this would be good... Can't wait to see the full story. Hang on to the one who holds your hand and has such good plans for you.

    Ephesians 3:20-21 (The Message)
    God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.

    I told you in the beginning I wanted front row seats!!!!
    - Jennifer N

    ReplyDelete
  10. Continue to trust in Him! I know it is so easy, when your in the midst of it, to forget to talk to God about it. But don't beat yourself up about it, He knows your heart!

    How great to have a husband to remind you of God's faithfulness! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love, comments and I read every one! Please keep in mind that I sometimes moderate each one so it may take a bit before it appears on the post. Thanks my sweet friends!