Image Map

January 16, 2011

Cookie Messages: Good Living Magazine Project 2

This has been an idea in my head that I just had to see it through.  
How fun would it be to get a box of cookies that were shaped like letters and have a secret message to spell out?  
 I KNOW!  
SO FUN, right????
First get cute packaging.
I got these cute candy boxes (3/pack)at Joann's.
Figure out your message and bake your cookies.
I used alphabet cookie cutters but you can also do circle cookies and ice them with letters.  I was on a deadline for these, so I rushed and they came out puffier then I would like.  
Icing them made them unreadable and I have to say the simplicity of just a sugar cookie appealed to me.  
I should have dusted them with coarse sugar so they sparkled with edible bling or something.
Be simple or creative with your message.
Now you need some pretty ribbon or twine.
And make a fun label with hints to figure out the message.
I made this simple label in MS Word and printed it out on cardstock, and punched a hole in the top.  
Easy peasy.
Did you figure these out from my cookie messages above?
The one on the left is "I'm Pregnant" and the one on the right is "Marry Me."

Other message ideas...

Forgive me?
Happy Anniversary
It's a Boy! (or girl)
I really don't like your cooking but I really love you.
I spent last night in the pokey.
I dented the car but eat these cookies before you look at it.
Really.  I could go on forever.

12 comments:

  1. VERY CUTE! Where did you get the alphabet cookie cutters? Especially with the question mark and apostrophe? Do tell...

    ReplyDelete
  2. another amazing idea! This would be amazing for announcing the sex of a child:) LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You toatlly have me just sitting at the computer laughing out loud :) I will remember that pokey one for when i need it :)

    YOU ARE ON FIRE!!! I even want to get baking after reading this & I HATE baking! But I am totally going to go out & hunt down those cookie cutters & make Annie's little BFF a box! How sweet! & her teacher! Way too fun! BTW...you made my heart skip a beat when I read you were pregnant ...then I figured it out that was your example. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha cute, are you pregnant? not sure if you were subtly giving us a message? Super good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea, luv... luv it! I see a Etsy shop in the making...You are so creative!!!
    Pkg. is adorable! Tags a Sweet Print Job!
    Many Blessings, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a creative idea...I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are darling!! I've had alphabet cookie cutters forever, but never figured out a great way to use them--I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely amazing! What a wonderful idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like to order 3 of the "I spent last night in the pokey" please. You know, just in case.

    BTW....awesome Valentine idea. You are brilliant, my girl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great idea! i hope I do it. (hee hee!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to do this (one day soon)! I love this!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love, comments and I read every one! Please keep in mind that I sometimes moderate each one so it may take a bit before it appears on the post. Thanks my sweet friends!