Image Map

February 3, 2011

Stitched Paper & Felt Valentines

So I am gearing up for Cati's Class Valentine party and as the "Party Mom" (that title cracks me up) I have been busy working on a ton of crafty goodness to decorate.  Of course, no Valentine party would be complete without...well...valentines. :)
 
I wanted to make homemade ones and since I heart all textures like fabric, felt, and yarn... I wanted to incorporate some of it into a Valentine card where Cati could still sign her name and put her classmate's name since she is learning her letters.
If you want to try this yourself here is what I did:  
Materials: 
white card stock, red craft felt, embroidery floss various colors, colored pencils, and craft glue.

1. Cut your card stock (I used a craft mat and rotary cutter) to the size you want.  Mine is 6 x 3 inches.
2. Cut your red felt backing slightly larger.
3. Cut out little felt hearts
 
 Use running stitch to sew heart to the top of card stock.

I used colored pencils to write out the "To" and "From" with the same color as the embroidery floss. Then I sewed over it using the colored pencil letters as a guide.
Glue card stock to felt backing.
There is your simple and unique Valentine's with some homemade flair. 
 Just the way I like it. :)

10 comments:

  1. Too cute! I wish my kids still had class parties...

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute, you are the crafting queen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--that's a lot of work! And, it shows because it is FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Goodness! You win!!! :) Totally the cutest Valentines E-V-E-R!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love these!! I wish I would follow through and actually DO them. I just know I won't, but I absolutely love the idea of them. Can I come to Cati's party as your assistant?

    Jen Harvey
    Assistant to the Party Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! Jen cracked me up with her self-appointed title as "Assistant to the Party Mom".

    I just have to say I was so impressed and in love with these valentines, even though I initally thought the "to" and "from" were just written. When I saw up close that you SEWED THE WORDS!!!! Oh my... they are so delightful!! Thanks for sharing your great ideas. There's no way that you're ever going to see what I'm sending to school with the boy though. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. btw... thanks for the message. I will really, really, really try to call you back. Soon. Instead of taking up comment space on your blog. But seriously.. I don't think you'd appreciate me calling at 12:30 a.m., right? OK, good...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Party Mom!

    What! You stitched all those letters! I can't imagine all the love you poured into all those babies!!! I thought it was a pain to help Annie staple the candy on all her store bought ones :) We will have fun making some too but we just bought some for her class. Yours are so cute!! I will have to pop back & see if I missed anything...I just needed a little break :) Hope all is well with the fam!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are one of my all time faves ever, Jess! Just perfect. They remind me of my awesome bookmark which I use every stinking day. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable and looks easy! Definitely a keeper:)
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love, comments and I read every one! Please keep in mind that I sometimes moderate each one so it may take a bit before it appears on the post. Thanks my sweet friends!