Did you all think I forgot you? Could never happen...you are all so dear to me. But I have been trying to let this broken arm heal and it has made me a bit restless. I actually walked around the block the other day and just basked in the glorious solidarity of it. Meaning...I was alone!! And my girls became dreadfully sick. I truly wish you could see me propelling my one armed self out of bed at all hours of the night. My husband yells at me to lay down but those are my babies...broken arm or not I have to take care of them. :)
So I got in some crafting. I almost did not post these. Taking photos was totally challenging and one arm crafting is just plain hilarious! But then I figured with all the flaws, it might impress some of you that I did these one handed. Well, one handed with some right handed holding of objects. So take these with a grain of salt and hopefully you can at least come away a wee bit inspired.
These are made with wood dowels painted white. I glued fabric, felt, and lace arrow heads and "feathers" while wrapping the middles with odds and ends like pieces of measuring tape, washi tape, yarn, and ribbon. I love the look of the random numbers from the measuring tape. Really fun.
I have more fun ideas coming...slowly. But they will come. :)
I am also dreadfully notorious for sharing big news here on the blog and then show up with a craft and never mention anything else. So here is the latest on my arm...I have an appointment Thursday and I am praying I can be cleared to DRIVE! I am pain free and can move a lot better but the arm is atrophied so I am working on that. I do not have a true cast. Just a splint and ace bandage that I can take off to shower and work on moving my arm. I am assuming some PT is in my near future.
We have had neighbors and friends blessing our family with meals, driving Cati home from school, and just loving our family up. I am humbled by our friends and church family.
But the reality of it all set in this week when I found out from a neighbor that the paramedics said people typically don't survive a fall like that. Then yesterday my husband was up in the attic and I literally started crying in a full fledged panic. Those who know me in real life know this is not really me. I guess seeing the ceiling move and buckle as my husband walked around that hole FREAKED ME OUT!
1. Apparently when I take a leave of absence as home manager, pictures and lampshades go askew.Pillows flung wherever. Stuff on tables and floors. Utter chaos to this neat freak.
2. Batwing sleeved shirt + full arm cast thing = ENORMOUS guns in photo op. Stellar.
3. Hands down...those are my most favorite, most comfortable jeans. Ever.
4. That long hair was cut Saturday. I have tried to make this appointment stay put since October. I was thinking shorter, bolder layers and realized I can't even style it. So it's now shorter and all one length. Who knew a broken arm would impose itself on my style?
5. Fuller face indicates all resting, and constant eating makes Jess a bigger girl. Yikes.Time to walk around the block again. But my friends make good food and it all tastes sooooooo good. :)
6. Those are the two sweetest girls in the whole wide world. My heart just squeezed in my chest looking at them in this pic.
I'll catch up with you soon friends. Hugs to each of you!