Image Map

June 3, 2011

Father's Day Flip Flop Card

 
I had to share this card the girls and I put together two years ago for Father's Day.  Our family kinda likes to do nostalgic gifts and nothing is cuter then hand and foot prints from our girls! And my husband keeps this card on his dresser so he can look at it whenever he wants.  So incredibly sweet. It is missing stickers and crumpled a bit from handling but...that's part of the charm knowing it means so much to their Daddy.
So glad we dated it knowing when we gave it to him. Ella was not yet 1 and Cati was not yet 3.
My husband is an amazing example of God's love.
 We even put a paper on the bottom that looked like shoe tread.  
I still laugh when I look at it knowing I did that.
 Here is my husband holding his precious card.

Do you have any MEANINGFUL ideas we could do for my husband this year
He would love anything but I am out of ideas this year.

Have a happy weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Awwww, so sweet and I understand why he loves it! No ideas for you yet...but I'm thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How blessed you are to have a caring sentimental husband. Many of our sisters are not so fortunate, tonight one of my spiritual daughers shared how her husband had hurt their daughter by refusing a "blessing bag" of food she had put together just for him. So sad it hurts my heart.

    Be Blessed more and more each day, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too sweet! I posted an idea last year, it was easy and the best husband loved it! Here's the link http://www.katharinesthoughts.com/2010/06/fathers-day-gift-shhhhh.html (or just click the fathers day label on my blog)
    now I need to come up with a new idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm...this is adorable!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to laugh at "Here is my husband..." Then there is the headless pic :) Poor guy :)

    Cute though...girl you are always thinking! Love the Faith thoughts too! I think we'd better get busy making Kel SOMETHING..saving all our money for a little Vacay. Rocco would prob try to actually wear the flipflop...Bo is coming around (a little) & Rocco is starting to be nuts...oh well...I like nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pinned this idea and even gathered the supplies to make it for this year! I have to keep it a secret even from Little Miss until just before Father's Day. She is NOTORIOUS for blurting surprises out.

    http://pinterest.com/pin/25651237/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing! A man who is a shining example and beacon of God's love is a true blessing! I can't wait to make this for my father!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love, comments and I read every one! Please keep in mind that I sometimes moderate each one so it may take a bit before it appears on the post. Thanks my sweet friends!