Image Map

June 26, 2012

Simple 4th of July Party Cups


Hey sweet friends!
Here's a quick and easy DIY for the 4th or any other party.
I am all for some pretty mason jars or glass bottles with pretty striped straws.  But if you have a big family reunion or a large party you are going to need something more practical.
Why not make custom cups with some fabric or paper?
 Take some clear plastic cups and cut out fabric or paper circles and place your glue "pretty side up" with a bit of mod podge (it dries clear). Fast, easy, colorful!
Mine are both fabric and paper.  I just traced the bottom of the cup but if you are using paper, you can use a circle punch too.
So easy and makes for a little custom flair to your party!

11 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea Jessica! You are so creative! Wishing you a wonderful week! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute idea. I am now painting my napkins. I saw your prior post and fell in love with the idea. I have painted 4 so far, but I still have 2 to go, unfortunately I have run out of paint. So in the morning I am off to Joanns to buy some more paint and finish the 2 I still need. I am so excited and thankful for you sharing your idea. Super cute. I loved your wreath and was really hoping I would win it to be able to hang it on my front door. But I did not. BOO HOO. Thanks for the inspirations and sharing your ideas. I will be posting the finished product once I am done.
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeeek! So cute and easy! I ♥ you, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is adorable! Great idea and can be used for so many different party themes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful idea!
    candace@cool2craft.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. INGENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so ez pz and SOOOOOO awesome but then again -- look who created it!!! : ) sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a clever idea! The possibilities are endless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh! That's fantastic!!! And even easy enough for someone like me to do! Woohoo!!! Have a wonderful 4th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just discovered your blog and LOVE it!!! You are so creative. Can't wait to read more.
    Thanks!

    Jennifer Claire
    www.memento-designs.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I stumbled onto your blog from Free Pretty Things For You. Love your oh-so-affordable never-look-cheap ideas! Perfect for a penny-pinching granny!!! I am going to try to use napkins for the bottom circles so that my cups match my napkins match my theme! Too much matchy-matchy? Hmmmm... Thank you for brightening my day! LOVE!!! Susie in Port Huron, Michigan.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love, comments and I read every one! Please keep in mind that I sometimes moderate each one so it may take a bit before it appears on the post. Thanks my sweet friends!