Image Map

June 10, 2012

4th of July Ideas from 2011

Well I'm doing what I love to do every year.  Some 4th of July making!.  Just love it. Maybe it is the red, white, and blue color scheme, my patriotic heart, or just the fact that so much of this day is spent eating and casually entertaining!  Mmmm...fooooood.
So I thought it would be fun to share last year's projects with you.
These little Mason Jar "Sippy Cups" hold the grand title of being the single most popular project on my blog.  My only regret is not using some striped paper straws to style the photographs. But they are still kinds of adorable. You can check out the full tutorial here
I also upgraded these cups and used plastic paper for the girl's birthday party last year.  That way, you don't worry about making the paper wet.  Check these out here.

And these are actually for grown ups and older kids.  
Not really meant for little ones to carry glass and slosh around lemonade with paper lids.
This was another popular one from last year. I adore these Sparkler Cupcake Picks!  LOOOVE THEM!  They are so simple and easy and they look just like little sparklers.  I also give you a full tutorial for these.
During the series, I showed different ways to use a bandana. This particular one was my favorite wrapping a pie and sliding a pie server in the knot. Isn't it just so sweet?
I am by no means a "go to" source for food but these berry ice cubes make a fun little treat for your lemonade.  Try to find some star shaped ice cube trays to make it extra fun.
Or some star shaped sugar cookies to make ice cream sandwiches. Just sandwich some ice cream between two cookies and dip sides into red, white, and blue sprinkles.

Hope you liked a little blast from the past.  I hope to start sharing this year's ideas with you sometime this week.

Until then...
Lots of hugs and hope your summer is off to a wonderful start!

6 comments:

  1. ALL of your posts are inspirational!!!! this red white and blue collection of ideas is AWESOME!!!!! just like you!!!! you keep listening to your heart and all will follow perfectly after that! sending hugs to you and yours!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had forgoteen about the ice cream sandwhiches! Love those! THis year I am making those for sure! I'll be a hero....& I am not telling my kids you are the hero I am pretending it is all me :)

    Kelly makes pies for so many people at Thanksgiving time it would be fun to get an orange bandana! Keep those ideas coming girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, fun, fun! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jessica,
    I adore the 4th of July... I am thinking about getting my decorations out early this year. I am gonna have to check out your sparkler tutorial, looks right up my alley. Annie can come over and make them with me.

    Hope you are having a great summer. My kids just got out of school last Thursday, so it just started for us. Can't wait for all the fun to begin!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! So inspiring, I love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my what a lovely post..so many fun things to make...thanks for sharing all the red, white and blue! xoxox

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love, comments and I read every one! Please keep in mind that I sometimes moderate each one so it may take a bit before it appears on the post. Thanks my sweet friends!