Image Map

July 18, 2011

More Picnic Party Games!

Hi sweet friends and happy Monday to you!
This post might be a little long but these two games are way fun and super easy to make! 
It is mostly photos anyway! I promise it will be worth it!

The Crazy Cans Game was actually the first one I made...even before the Old Fashioned Ring Toss. But I got sidetracked with other projects.  And my sewing machine was not working. 
So I finally sat down and I FIXED MY SEWING MACHINE!  
Me!  
All my myself!  
I have no idea how but I do believe the hand of God moved during that process. 

As for the CANS.  I simply ate the food in them (wink), cleaned them out and painted them pretty pastel colors.  Simple as that.  This also took a few weeks time as I used 16 oz. cans of tomatoes.  But the family got homemade tomato sauce and a nice chicken and tomatoes crock pot meal out of them. Hooray!
6 of these + Paint = DONE!
Now do you guys know what these are?
They are i-pod nano form fitted socks!  Aren't they darling?
When I saw these cuties at the dollar tree about a year or two ago I had to grab these. 
FYI: They do NOT stay on your ipod but I knew they would make a cute craft someday.  I picked up a couple packs and I am kicking myself for not getting more because I have not seen them around in awhile.

And they make perfect bean bags for my Crazy Cans game.
 
I grabbed a funnel and a bag of rice and starting filling them up.
You can really stuff these things too!
But I made sure not to fill them all they way to the top so they would be squishy and light.
Then I closed them up with my sewing machine and that's it!
 This one might be my favorite because I get to throw things and knock stuff over!
You know that is fun.

 The girls got into it!
I think my Ella was having the most fun. :)

NEXT!
 You guys know me. If I am going to make a game...I want it to be pretty.
 I went to the dollar tree and bought a bunch of wooden spoons. 
 They are all different lengths but that is part of the fun.
I painted them pretty pastel colors but not too neatly. They look prettier distressed.
Then I used washi tape for the handles to girl them up a bit
(There will be boys at this party but it IS a party for girls)
I used Mod Podge to seal the paper on the handles.
So as a family we decided to try out the balloons and made a bunch. 
The balloons ended up being a bit big for the spoons so we will make them smaller for the party.
But we had a great war on the front lawn!  No photos of that, though.  I was armed with A LOT of balloons. :)
I think these will be the last of the party games...I really don't have that big of a front yard!
But I will share more of my party ideas as they unfold.

I also wanted to let each of you know how much I appreciate you and all your sweet comments.  They always make my day and encourage me so much.

I consider you all friends and I just wanted to say how much I appreciate you.
Hugs!

20 comments:

  1. ...Fantastic! :)

    Laboratorio delle Fate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, can you plan all my parties for the rest of my life? I am so NOT a party planner. OH, and you have to come here and pull off their execution as well. Simple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...how much fun is that...You could open up your own neighborhood CARNIVAL with all these fun games you are making... : ) wouldn't that be a great outreach...
    Thanks for sharing your fun ideas..
    Have a blessed day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, Jessica! I could singlehandedly fill my to-do list with items from your blog. Thanks a lot. No, no, I mean it. Thanks. :)
    (And those ipod nano sweater things? SOOOOO cute as bean bags. I want them.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are just filled with fabulous ideas! Wish I was a little girl again so I could be the party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Again, such awesome ideas!! Love the wooden spoons & those bean bags are too cute! Your girls are going to have such a fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heart those cans & bean bags! I am totally doing at Annie's party!!! I still haven't gotten a ring to toss around those rootbeer bottles I have been saving up but I need to eat some beans fast because I just put out my recycling! ZCanned peaches...here we come! Seriously you don't know how bad I need these right now!!! ...Now I need to add-make bean bags to my list :) WAy cute Jess...I am using all your ideas! You are making her party so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think a picnic party package is so an etsy store buyable thing. All this together is so precious! Well, actually, it's pretty precious individually, but it's even more impressively precious together. I hope the girls know how much time and love their momma has put into making their party so special!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Spoon idea=genius...
    Can idea=more genius...
    love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found your blog from Kelly Hicks's interview! I am just loving every thing I see. It's all so beautiful and creative! Definitely following!

    rebeccawithanR

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read about the adoption/infertility post.

    I am glad that God has blessed you with two beautiful girls now.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these ideas but I don't have little ones anymore. I doing a HS grad party for my oldest. Think I can adapt this for the big kids?? lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. No, I am doing a grad party for my youngest! Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love all of your ideas! Happy to be following along now!
    Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. amaaaaazing! you have outdone yourself this time. congrats. love absolutely everything you did.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fun games. I love those little Ipod SOCKS! They make perfect bean bags. Aren't those spoons just sweet, too? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm thinking of making your cans for my son's preschool fair. What kind of paint did you use and did you just glue the lids back on before painting? What kind of glue?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great ideas! I would love it if you joined and contribute your awesome posts at my link party at City of Creative Dreams, starts on Fridays :D Hope to see you there at City of Creative Dreams Link Party.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love, comments and I read every one! Please keep in mind that I sometimes moderate each one so it may take a bit before it appears on the post. Thanks my sweet friends!