Image Map

July 17, 2011

Vintage Linens for a Perfect Picnic

A quick post to say hi.  
And to share the fact that I keep staring at all these pretty linens that simply make me smile. I found this lovely little thrift shop and picked up several floral patterned sheets that cost a maximum of $4.  I tried my best to find flat sheets because my thought was to use these pretty sheets as picnic blankets

That way I can have them at the ready as guests arrive and more then one family can share a blanket as they eat and chat.  I love the different ones I found and I am excited to see how they will look in my front yard. :)
I am also pretty excited to find these beautiful vintage pillowcases...some for .50 a piece or a $1 a pair.
They will be perfect for the Sack Races I have planned.  Fun, right?

Here are the girls trying out the pillowcases for sack races. :) 
They loved it!

I know this was a quick one but I will be back some time this week for more party fun!

3 comments:

  1. CUTE CUTE CUTE...Adorable pictures and Lovely Pillow Cases...Got your note and looking forward to hearing from you...Enjoy the rest of your SONday...
    Blessings
    Angelina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay SOUL SISTER!!! I was just looking for pillowcases yesterday at a thrift store for this same reason! MAN I LOVE YOU :) Too funny...Just hope the kids have as much fun as your girls!

    I didn't buy any because they were like 4 bucks a pair! I have another store i am going to hit up this week :)

    Your linens are way cool...I think I want to be you :) Or at least live RIGHT next door :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love pretty things. Beauty soothes the spirit ... at least mine!! Hmmm ... I think I just may have to pop into our local thrift store today! Just what I need! Would love to find some pretty linens even if I only use them to make a shelf look pretty! C= Love your site!!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love, comments and I read every one! Please keep in mind that I sometimes moderate each one so it may take a bit before it appears on the post. Thanks my sweet friends!