Image Map

October 10, 2013

Apple Pie Kit + Printable




I'm praying you are not sick of the apple pie thing.  I promise today is the last day of all things apple pie.  But this one is short, quick, and super cute.

I have a thing for putting things in a little kit.  It makes ordinary things cute.  It's true. So this super easy apple pie kit would make a great teacher or hostess gift this fall.


Here's what you need...

mini bushel basket
raffia (or burlap)
tissue paper
2 mason jars
grocery store paper bag
twine
apples
leaves


I added my dry ingredients from the paper bag apple pie recipe into two mason jars.  One for the pie topping and one for the apple mixture. I did not include the pie shell ingredients for this since another alternative might be preferred. After tracing the jar lids on kraft card stock, I wrote out the ingredients in a circular pattern and glued paper punched leaves to the front with a hand written label.


Then I started packing my bushel basket with tissue paper and then some raffia so the ingredients will rest on top. I rolled up a paper grocery bag into a tube and tied it off with twine. Next, I placed my green striped dish towel, mason jars full of ingredients, and apples into my basket. Then I scattered some leaves in there for a dash of Fall goodness. :)





I also created a 4 x 6 recipe card tag that you can attach to the kit. Just download to your computer (the original size in where the link takes you) print, cut, and attach it to your bushel basket. :)

Hugs to all of you!

12 comments:

  1. Alrighty... Been waiting for this post. I love love it! I'm headed to the store right now anyway so I'm going to try to put these together for A and M's teachers. I'm feeling so fall-ish lately and have wanted to do something just bc. I think this is the perfect thing! I'll take a pic and send it to you. Here's hoping my interpretation of your beautiful bushel basket doesn't end up on one of those Pinterest "Fail" websites... Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny....I love you with my whole heart. I am so glad you are going to use this idea for the kid's teachers. I'm feeling the Fall thing too. And ha ha about the pinterest fail. Send me a picture with "nailed it" on it. I would love it! And I love YOU!

      Delete
  2. I love sweets and desserts but I am just not a fan of pie. But this is a super cute and relatively simple idea that would make such a cute gift! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What...WHAT???? Branalyn! You don't like pie???? I t will now be my mission to convert you. I am not a fan of candy or super sweet things so that might be where we are different. But you could not be sweeter for taking the time to still leave a comment!

      Delete
  3. Has anyone noticed that the instructions say to beat the first 3 ingredients until smooth (they are all dry ingredients) and then add the flour (which is the 3rd ingredient)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Ha! I am so sorry it was confusing. The ingredients are on the left and the instructions are on the right and I start off with the pie shell. This recipe actually does not provide a recipe for the pie shell so I opted for a simple one where you don't have to roll out the dough. Let me know if you have any other questions and I will be happy to help.

      Delete
  5. Very nice. I'm wondering though how you put the pie in the vertically.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had someone else needing clarification for this very same thing. I just meant you put the cookie sheet in long ways to help facilitate tucking the paper bag between the cookie sheet and the oven rack. Its a lot harder if the cookie sheet is horizontal in the oven. That's all I meant. :) If you need further clarification don't hesitate to send me another note. :)

      Delete
  6. Love this, cutest idea ever! It makes such a perfect hostess gift...thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODNESS...this is the cutest FALL POST I have ever seen!!! I love love love love love this!!!! : ) This is the most fabulous idea and the presentation...WOW WOW WOW!!!!! I love it! Seeing your creativity blossom always make my heart sing!!!! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love, comments and I read every one! Please keep in mind that I sometimes moderate each one so it may take a bit before it appears on the post. Thanks my sweet friends!